My name is Jan Bear, and I created Professional Web Strategies to help solopreneurs and small businesses make the web work for you.
As a solo professional, you wear all the hats: What you uniquely provide your clients and marketing, sales, customer service. Possibly bookkeeper, webmaster, and janitor, too.
It’s a lot.
You’re dedicated to the clients you have now. When they move on, for whatever reason, where will you turn for the next?
The natural ebb and flow doesn’t seem so natural when you can’t get off the cash flow roller coaster.
You need a way to continually attract new clients, even when you’re busy with the ones you have. That’s marketing.
You do marketing, but there are so many new developments, new tools, new rules for the tools you use. It’s an education in itself, and it takes time. Time away from the clients you’re serving now.
Your website is a good marketing tool, but there’s the tech stuff to maintain and new developments to keep up with.
And if you want your website to attract new clients, you need to appeal to the Google gods to make it work.
Some people can do it alone.
But you don’t have to.
The Bear Knows the Way through the Web
I’m a lifelong writer, longtime-editor, and web aficionado since the 1990s.
I’ve set up dozens of websites, using WordPress, for most small businesses the best website platform around.
My specialty is in bridging information gaps:
- Between you and your clients: I’ll help you make your information both compelling and understandable to people outside your field.
- Between you and me: I’ll answer your questions without devolving into technobabble.
- Professional websites that attract and introduce you to prospects
- Web copy that selects your ideal clients — and identifying you as the exact professional they need
- Newsletters that connect with clients and prospects for long-term relationships
I also maintain WordPress websites with regular backups, prompt updates, website security, and spam control.
I love coffee shops — quaint and quirky or mega-chains, doesn’t matter. And you’ll frequently find me there with friends or with a laptop or Kindle. So if you enjoy coffee and conversation as much as I do, let’s get acquainted and talk about your journey to success and the transformation of your professional life.